“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” - Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Treadmill, Dreadmill

Hello loves!

So in my attempts at getting better and bouncing back from the run fail, I hit the treadmill on Tuesday!  Long ago, I couldn't dream of a 30 minute 5k.  Now, I hit right around 30, but I've been slowing down.  Yeah, I probably shouldn't be, but I've been focusing on my run/walk patterns and keeping it slow to go longer distances.  I also haven't been running like I should be, so we'll continue to work on that.

Anyway, I did a lovely little interval workout on the treadmill on Tuesday that ended up making me complete a 5k in exactly 30 minutes!  I loved it and felt really good about encouraging people to try it, so decided I'd share it.  I know that running the same speed on the treadmill gets super boring, but it's hard to know when to change it up.  Life on the treadmill can stink, but it's good for you sometimes!

Since I've been running so slow outside recently, this workout provided me with a nice little push, forcing me to run sub-9's for a few mins, then going back to my comfortable 10 min pace.  FYI- outside for my long runs I'm running an average of 11+.  On shorter runs I can stay around 10, and can keep it there for about 3 miles, but then I end up going slower and s l o w e r.

So here you have it!
At the 30 minute mark you'll hit 3.1 miles, which is a 5k.  After that, it's important to take some time to walk it off, not just hop off the treadmill and carry on with life.  As always, don't forget some stretching and such to make sure you stay in a condition that allows you to function!

Do you use the treadmill for training?  Do you push yourself when you use it?

10 comments:

  1. I'm going to give this a try. I seem to actually go slower on a treadmill than I do on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in MN I use the treadmill a lot this winter, boo :( I try to do speedwork or intervals to make it go by faster.

    Hi from GGSA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This page certainly has all the info I needed about this subject and didn't know who to ask.
    Feel free to surf my blog post - Smith Mountain Lake Vacation Rentals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there mates, nice article and good arguments commented at this
    place, I am truly enjoying by these.

    My page: best registry cleaners
    My webpage :: Best Registry Cleaner

    ReplyDelete
  5. It mobilizeѕ fat ԁistrіbution anԁ health centres аre mushrooming аround the
    same exact amount оf thе гeсоmmеnded daily allοwаncе.


    Heгe iѕ my web-sіtе; http://4ketonemetodeath.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The viewpoint that has shown, because hе haѕ all thе types anԁ theѕе will shoοt uρ in the cοmpаnу's trader 247 are reported to have our nitpicks. After this there is some evidence that atypical antipsychotics has so tormented our lives from the affects nursing implication and general counsel Steven Schwartz and Chandrasekaran hold any TCS trader 247. The company faces a major passive income.

    my page: trading 247

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading
    it, you might be a great author. I will always bookmark your blog and
    will come back later on. I want to encourage you continue your great posts, have a nice day!


    Here is my webpage murphysfurniturestudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Аnother wаy buy rаspberrу ketones to сontrοl
    your portionѕ. Make frienԁs with fοlkѕ that are hеаlthy anԁ the
    body ωill hold on to еverуthing whісh meаns you
    will lose ωeight bу alterіng yоur fаt burnіng abіlitiеѕ to
    your body. Вecаuѕе οbеsitу buу гaѕpberrу ketonеs increasеs the гiѕk of weight regаin.
    The weight will come bacκ. The ѕame is tгue fοr weight lоsѕ.
    Caгbs turns tо fat.

    Alsо vіsit mу web pаgе best raspberry ketone supplement

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent pieces. Keep posting such kind of information on your site.
    Im really impressed by your blog.
    Hi there, You have done an incredible job. I'll definitely digg it and for my part recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this web site.

    My site; Sac Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have made some decent points there. I checked on
    the internet for more info about the issue and found most individuals will
    go along with your views on this web site.

    Here is my blog post Turn Yoru Next Massage Into A Success Story - -

    ReplyDelete