“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” - Benjamin Franklin

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013!

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope you all celebrated and brought in the new year with a bang.  Last night we went out with friends and had a great time at Birch and Barley for dinner followed by a party at Churchkey.  This was the first New Year's that we've gone to a party, we have done dinner the past 2 years to celebrate our anniversary, but wanted to change that up.  Everything on New Year's is price fixed and the food quality isn't always super good for that reason, but Birch and Barley was great.  They had beer pairing options for their 4 course meal, which was pretty awesome too.  Overall, great night.  Happy 3 years of marriage Dear!
 The photobooth was super fun and we had a great time with our friends taking pictures.  A bunch of them ended up with the others, I'm hoping that they get scanned so I can see them :)
I totally loved my dress, by the way.  It was a spontaneous online purchase that worked out super well.  I also loved my shoes, but not at the end of the night.  3/4 mile walk to the restaurant, standing all night, then 3/4 mile walk back= not so bueno.


Looking back at 2012, it was a fabulous year, but I'm looking forward to seeing what 2013 will bring for us.  In 2012 I found my fitness, became a better runner, lost over 20 pounds, started to love lifting, started this fabulous blog, and made some great advances in my teaching career as well.  I've done some cupcake business, which is always fun for me, and celebrated fabulous things with friends and family.   

2013 will bring more opportunities, my first full marathon, loads of other races, and my brother's wedding!  Super excited to celebrate with him and welcome Jen into our family.

And I'm leaving you with my favorite picture from 3 years ago yesterday:

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a great year you've had. Your dress is super cute, I don't think I've seen one like that before. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete